20 January 2009

I've been tagged!

Lisa tagged me with these questions (I think I did them last year too), and here are my answers. I don't usually do this kind of thing, but if you're reading my blog maybe you'd like to know a bit about me!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Attended a crop. Ran a crop! Opened a magazine and saw me/my kids in there!

2. What are your New Years Resolutions? Same old same old - be thinner, nicer, kinder, more sober, healthier and spend more quality time with my family.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2008? Um, not really, a couple of friends. Actually, Rachael, one of my best friends, to little Finley, he's gorgeous (of course!)

4. Did anyone close to you die. Not family thank god, but someone I knew.

5. What countries did you visit? Germany, Cyprus, Belgium.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More money, a happier husband, job security (for him) a new baby (!! yeah right as if he'd let me!). A cleaner and tidier house.

7. What date(s) in 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why? Lots of important dates, but no particular one really stands out i'm afraid!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Running the Bellaboo Birthday Bash - it really was a fab day and went better than I could have imagined.

9. What was your biggest failure? I feel I let my family down this year.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Nothing that wasn't self-inflicted (oh god I don't mean i've been selfharming! Just a couple of hangovers!)

11. What was the best thing someone bought you? Oh my pink ipod for sure!!!!! But I did also get some other fab pressies, such as a bag from Amber, a couple of books from Jon, and other bits and pieces. I also had a couple of presents made for me, by some new and very good friends. I was very touched and got a little emotional (yes, me, hard to believe isn't it!!)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Maddie and Cam and Bella have all been superstars, and Jon has been far better this year with helping with the kids.

13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you? I';m sorry to say there are several. As Lisa said, you know who you are. And a couple who maybe don't.

14. Where did most of your money go?God only knows, I have no idea where my money goes. Stash maybe!

15. What did you get really, really excited about? Our holiday to Cyprus, our trip to Germany.

16. What song(s) reminds you of 2008? I've been big into Razorlight this past year.

17. Compared to last year are you...a.) Happier or Sadder? a mix b.) Thinner or Fatter? fatter c.) Richer or Poorer? Not sure, maybe a little better off..

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent time with the children, more time helping at school, scrapping, seeing friends.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Working, eating, drinking

20. How did you spend Christmas? With family and it was the best one ever.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008. Yes, every day I fall in love with my 3 angels, and on Christmas Day I think I fell in love again with Jon (only because he bought me an ipod and it was a very romantic surprise!)

22. What was your favorite TV program? God I hardly watched ANY tv this year, probably Desperate Housewives.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year? Yes, but I don't know them personally.

24. What was the best book you read? OMG I read SO many fantastic books this year. I couldn't choose one. Some by Anchee Min, some by Lisa See, Cinderellas Slippers, The Concubine Of Shanghai.

25. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I turned 34 and spent the day organising a huge crop!

26. What was your best musical discovery? Don't think I really discovered anything new, but I got into the Kings Of Leon at the end of the year.

27. What did you want and get? A PINK ipod!!!!

28. What was your favorite film of the year? I watched some good films this year, Mamma Mia, The Last Emperor, Bridget Jones (timeless for me!), Hot Fuzz, and some other american funnies. Oh and lots of american funny xmas films!

29. What did you want and not get? You know, number 4. And more sleep. Oh, and Brad Pitt.

30. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money, more time.

31. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2008? Do i have a concept? Changeable! Sometimes I was happy with how I looked but towards the end of the year it was about comfort and I lived in my raincoat.

32. What kept you sane? Scrapping. Friends, wine.

33. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most? Thats a toughie. Can't think of any. I thought Cheryl Cole has been very dignified.

34. What political issue stirred you most? Another hard one. Couldn't say really.

35. Who do you miss? Lisa. Well, I wish she lived here.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Oh without a doubt, Rachael and Deb. I have made another good friend this year, although I knew her last year, if that makes sense! And Cleo, I just love Cleo!!!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned. I'm learning it right now. Make the most of every minute, you don't know what's around the corner.

38. Quote a song line that defines your year. Now my mind's gone blank. Might have to come back to that one.

No comments: