19 February 2009

Sorry! Bad blogger :(

And when I have pretty big news too! Not good enough, but hope you understand why.

So after my last post I made the announcement that I wanted to close the shop. And it really was a hard decision. Some of you know that I had been deliberating over it for months. There are a lot of reasons why, but I suppose one of the key reasons is I appear to have become a "worrier". It's funny because in many areas of my life I am a really chilled relaxed person, but I think I've changed since having kids, as you do. So, for the past 18 months, but particularly in the last 6-9, I have worried about money, what stock to order, worrying if I'm selling it, worrying if I'm not, worrying if I'm being a bad mum because they're watching Cbeeebies while I'm packing orders, worrying that by packing it in I'll be letting people down, and the list goes on and on.

So, although there were other factors, I suppose that is it in a nutshell. Jon and I said from the start that if running a business impacted on family life in a way that didn't work for us, then I would stop. And really, that's what happened.

BUT, I don't want it to be a negative thing, because I tried it, it worked, was really successful, and I have gained a huge amount from it. Such as (as I've said before) gaining some really fantastic new friends, who I really am so glad are in my life now. Plus really cementing some other friendships, which perhaps had fallen by the wayside. Myself and my two sisters are really much closer. Oh and I can say REALLY lots of times in one paragraph! wow!

Anyway. I want to continue with the kits, and we'll see how that goes. And of course the Bellaboo crop will absolutely continue! For some of us it's our only time for (in)sanity!!!

So, I do feel a little like I have let some people down, but of course there are lots of wonderful shops out there, and once all my stock has gone I'll tell you who they are (!) - they've had some business from me recently, I can tell you!

Moving on - Lisa is over here at the moment, and last night we finalised the March kit "Over The Rainbow". Wow, if you feel like you've been hibernating since October, then this'll wake you up for sure! Here's a sneaky!




Cleo Jarvis will be our Guest Designer for March, and I am so excited to see what she comes up with.


I have just two (I think) Feb Kits left, they have been sooooo popular.


And we have also been working on a fab project kit. It's really, truly, gorgeous, and crammed full of vintage items. I have worked so hard to source some really interesting items, and you won't be disappointed. BUT, this is strictly limited edition, once they are gone, they are gone. Honestly (not just saying that!!). Will keep you posted when that is ready, as at the moment, I have someone really talented working on it, and I will share who that is soon. But I will tell you, that you will have seen her work recently, and you will love it, I know. She has a distinctive style, that I can only aim for, and she has been doing DT work on both sides of the Atlantic.

I'll leave you with that now, and update you soon :)

3 comments:

amberxo said...

this actually brought a little tear to my eye. lol xxxx

Unknown said...

I'm guessing Julie K?

Anonymous said...

eh??!